Please join us Saturday, Sept. 9 at Craig Ranch Regional Park as we honor our valley's service members, veterans and first responders and celebrate the sacrifices and dedication of the men and women who serve our city and country. There will be food, music, vendors and lots of fun!
As part of our “Thank You Celebration,” free lunch will be provided to all attendees with a valid first responder, military or veteran identification.
A special “Welcome Home” tribute will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War and honor Vietnam veterans and their families for their service and sacrifice. In addition, Vietnam veterans will be presented with 50th anniversary commemorative coins.
The free Appreciation Day event also has a stacked music lineup, including:
- Rob Garrett, America's most popular Neil Diamond tribute act
- Mama’s Wranglers, a Las Vegas-based group that sings in four-part harmonies, clogs and plays a variety of instruments
- Mr. Entertainment Phil Flowers, who after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks wrote "Standing Tall," a stirring song dedicated to the victims. Flowers' performance Sept. 9 will be dedicated to the people in Texas affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Sons of Soul, featuring an eclectic mix of contemporary R&B and funk favorites
- Gregg Austin’s M-Town & More, showcasing classic Motown sounds
This wonderful family event is free and open to the public. The fun kicks off 11 a.m. Saturday at Craig Ranch Regional Park, 628 W. Craig Road, North Las Vegas.
See you there!