The North Las Vegas Police Department's Explorer Program will provide a fully structured program that enhances the character and moral of young men and women.
The mission of the North Las Vegas Explorer Program is to improve community awareness of the youth and promote individual responsibility and community commitment through professional, accountable and ethical service. Through educational training, the Explorers will evolve toward a possible future career in law enforcement.
- Development and encouragement of Explorers.
- Effective use of training and equipment.
- Develop Explorers' knowledge and understanding of the Department and its functions.
- Continue active recruitment.
- Establishment of an Explorer Academy.