The Social Media pages should not be used to report crimes, crimes in progress or emergencies. If you have an emergency, dial 911 immediately. If you are reporting a crime in progress that is not an emergency, please call 311 or NLVPD Dispatch at (702) 633-9111.
If you post information on any Social Media page (Facebook/ Instagram/ Twitter) regarding criminal activity, you COULD become a witness, for any criminal proceedings that result from information you provide. Keep in mind, information can be provided confidentially by private messaging the page. Social Media users who post about their involvement in any criminal activity may be subject to criminal prosecution. "Liking" between the NLVPD and any social media pages does not indicate an endorsement of content on that user's social media page.
Posts and Comments by other social media users on the NLVPD’s social media pages are not to be considered the opinion of the North Las Vegas Police Department, nor does the Police Department endorse any third party comments on this page unless explicitly specified. Post Removal Policy
The North Las Vegas Police Department will remove as soon as feasible any posting that involves:
- Advertisements of any kind.
- Profane language or content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Explicit or implied sexual content.
- Conduct implying, promoting, or encouraging illegal activity.
- Information that might compromise the safety or security of the public.
- Information that might compromise the safety or security of law enforcement.
- Any other posting that, by its nature or content, might harm public welfare.
- Comments/posts that are repetitive.
- Comments/posts that contain hyperlinks to external websites.
- Comments on post/photos that do not pertain to the page post (off-topic).
The NLVPD welcomes communication from the public and may answer questions posed to us.