Information regarding animal control regulations within the City of North Las Vegas, including pet licensing requirements and fees, are included in Title 6 of the North Las Vegas Municipal Code. Staff from the Animal Control Division are happy to assist you with obtaining a new license or renewing an existing license for your pet.
To license your pet on-line please click here: Licensepet.com/northlasvegas
To license your pet by mail: Click here for a North Las Vegas Pet License form
Para obtener una licencia de mascotas por correo: Haga click aquí para un Formulario de Licencia de Mascotas de North Las Vegas
Prior to visiting our office, please review the license requirements below to ensure you have the documentation necessary to obtain your pet’s license.
- North Las Vegas Municipal Code requires that dogs and cats be spayed or neutered unless exempt from the requirement pursuant to NLVMC 6.16.020.
- Dogs and cats are required to wear the license tag at all times.
- Licenses must be renewed annually. (Two and three year licenses may be available under certain requirements. Contact 633-1750 for more details.)
- A pet license is required in addition to any rabies tag your veterinarian may have issued to you at the time of vaccination.
- A maximum of three dogs, three cats, and three ferrets are allowed at any one location or residence.
- Dog and Cat Fancier Permits may be obtained from the Animal Control Division in accordance with Title 6 of the North Las Vegas Municipal Code.
- Pot-bellied pigs may be permitted pursuant to Title 6 of the North Las Vegas Municipal Code and are required to be licensed by the age of four months. The annual license fee for a pot-bellied pig is $25.00.
For further information regarding animal control regulations within the City of North Las Vegas, please contact the Animal Control Division.