Information regarding animal control regulations within the City of North Las Vegas, including pet licensing requirements and fees, are included in Title 6 of the North Las Vegas Municipal Code. Staff from the Animal Control Division are happy to assist you with obtaining a new license or renewing an existing license for your pet.
To license your pet on-line please click here: Licensepet.com/northlasvegas
Prior to visiting our office, please review the license requirements below to ensure you have the documentation necessary to obtain your pet’s license.
- North Las Vegas Municipal Code requires that dogs and cats be spayed or neutered unless exempt from the requirement pursuant to NLVMC 6.16.020.
- Dogs and cats are required to wear the license tag at all times.
- Licenses must be renewed annually. (Two and three year licenses may be available under certain requirements. Contact 633-1750 for more details.)
- A pet license is required in addition to any rabies tag your veterinarian may have issued to you at the time of vaccination.
- A maximum of three dogs, three cats, and three ferrets are allowed at any one location or residence.
- Dog and Cat Fancier Permits may be obtained from the Animal Control Division in accordance with Title 6 of the North Las Vegas Municipal Code.
- Pot-bellied pigs may be permitted pursuant to Title 6 of the North Las Vegas Municipal Code and are required to be licensed by the age of four months. The annual license fee for a pot-bellied pig is $25.00.
For further information regarding animal control regulations within the City of North Las Vegas, please contact the Animal Control Division.