The purpose of the Latino Community Connection (LCC) Program is to facilitate, increase, and reinforce communication between the Spanish speaking residents of North Las Vegas (NLV) and the Police Department. LCC has the following goals:
- Establish a partnership with the Latino community of NLV.
- Obtain input from the Latino community on their concerns.
- Analyze and implement a plan of action to address neighborhood concerns.
- Educate the Latino community about crime prevention topics and services, and provide valuable resource information to enhance their quality of life.
- Conduct special community events throughout the year, and monthly community meetings in Spanish through the “Arrowhead Acres” community meeting held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at the NLV James Clubhouse located at 2530 E. Carey Avenue, NLV 89030.
- Provide a Spanish Non-Emergency Hotline (702) 633-1818 whereby Spanish speaking citizens can leave their message with questions, suggestions and/or comments. Phone calls will be returned Monday-Thursday during regular business hours.
For more information on LCC, contact:
Soledad Garcia, Crime Prevention Specialist