The North Las Vegas Police Department Explorer Program is an educational program designed to assist young people in preparing for their future, with emphasis on a future career in the law enforcement field.
The Police Explorer Program is a year-round program. The meetings are held each Wednesday
evening from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The location of the weekly meeting may change occasionally, but are generally held at the North Las Vegas Justice Center located at 2332 Las Vegas Boulevard North, North Las Vegas, NV 89030.
The minimum qualifications to apply be an explorer are as follows:
• Must be at least 15 but not yet 21 years old.
• Have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA in all classes in high school or college if attending.
• Be willing to submit to a thorough background check.
• Now Accepting Applicants of any Immigration Status.
• Have written permission from a parent/guardian if applicant in under 18 years of age.
• Be highly motivated and of good moral character.
• Maintain acceptable attendance throughout participation in the program.
Interested parties should contact the Explorer Program Coordinator at:
Email is preferred, but if necessary, you may also reach the Explorer Program Coordinator at (702) 633-1705.
To request NLVPD Explorers to volunteer for an event, please complete and submit the:
Explorers Event Request form.