Anita G. Wood
City of North Las Vegas
Councilwoman Ward 3
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
Ward 3 Newsletter
Anita G. Wood was re-elected to a second term in April 2013 to represent City Council Ward 3. She served as North Las Vegas Mayor Pro Tempore from 2013 to 2015.
Wood has been a resident of Clark County since 1971 and has lived in North Las Vegas since 1993. Her civic involvement began two years later when she and some neighbors led the five-year movement that ultimately resulted in the City Council changing its zoning ordinances to prohibit resolutions of intent.
Councilwoman Wood now represents the City of North Las Vegas as a member of the Southern Nevada Water Authority and a board member for Green Chips, a local nonprofit environmental sustainability organization. She is also a member and past president of the Nevada League of Cities and a vice chair of the Local Elected Officials Consortium.
Prior to her election, Wood served on the North Las Vegas Citizens' Advisory Committee, Utility Advisory Board and Planning Commission.
Wood has served on the board of directors for Neighborhood Housing Services of Southern Nevada and Friends of the North Las Vegas Library District.
The councilwoman graduated from the North Las Vegas Police Department Citizens' Police Academy and is a member of the Citizens' Police Academy Alumni North. She received a Certificate of Professional Development as a Certified Public Official in 2014 from the University of Nevada, Reno and the Nevada League of Cities.
Wood holds a bachelor of arts degree in comparative literature with minors in French and women's studies from Occidental College in Los Angeles. She is married to Douglas and has one child and three godchildren.
Boards and Commissions
- Member of Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Member of North Las Vegas Redevelopment Agency
- Member of Southern Nevada Child Drowning Prevention Coalition
- Vice Chair of Local Elected Officials Consortium
- Member of Green Chips Environmental Sustainability in Nevada
- Member and Past President of the Nevada League of Cities
- Lifetime member of the Protectors of Tule Springs
- Lifetime member of Friends of the North Las Vegas Library District
- Ex-Officio member of Deferred Compensation Advisory Committee
- Past member of Governor's Workforce Development Board of Natural Resources Sector Council
- Past member of Southern Nevada District Board of Health
- Past member of Workforce Connections
- Past member of North Las Vegas Airport Aviation Safety Committee
- Past member of Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition
- Past member of the City of North Las Vegas Legislative Affairs Committee