The City of North Las Vegas adopted Ordinance 3127 (Short-term Rentals) on June 15, 2022. The ordinance will allow for the operation of a short-term rental with the approval of a Conditional Use Permit (CUP). The applicant must receive an approved Conditional Use Permit (CUP) prior to applying for a business license.
The Conditional Use Permit requires the following documentation which shall be submitted online through the CSS portal:
- Letter of intent for the Conditional Use Permit (CUP)
- Proof of ownership of the dwelling unit
- Site plan showing the location of the noise monitoring equipment
- Assessor’s Parcel Map (found on the Clark County Gismo/Open Web website)
- Floor plan if proposing individual room rental
- 660 Foot Separation Requirement from other existing or proposed short-term rentals and 2,500 Foot Separation Requirement from resort hotels.
- A notarized letter on letterhead from the homeowner's association is required authorizing the short-term rental.
- A security plan for the use of the short-term rental.
- Land Development Application Manual, which includes a copy of the application for additional Conditional Use Permit (CUP).
- Application Submittal procedure, which assists with any questions regarding the online submittal process.
- Transient Lodging Tax, which includes information and instructions for reporting and paying Transient Lodging Tax.