The City of North Las Vegas adopted Ordinance 3040 (Short-term Rentals) on October 21, 2020. The ordinance will allow for the operation of a short-term rental with the approval of a Conditional Use Permit (CUP). The applicant must receive an approved Conditional Use Permit (CUP) prior to applying for a business license. During the first sixty (60) days (October 21, 2020 to December 20, 2020), the applicant must provide proof of ownership of the residence for at least one (1) year prior to the adoption of the ordinance.
The Conditional Use Permit requires the following documentation which shall be submitted online through the CSS portal:
- Letter of intent for the Conditional Use Permit (CUP)
- Proof of ownership of the dwelling unit
- Site plan showing the location of the noise monitoring equipment
- Assessor’s Parcel Map (found on the Clark County Gismo/Open Web website)
- Floor plan if proposing individual room rental
The only Conditional Use Permit (CUP) requests reviewed within the first sixty (60) days will be those applications that provide proof the residence has been owned at least one year prior to the adoption of the ordinance. Those who have not owned the residence for at least one year prior to the adoption of the ordinance may apply after the initial sixty (60) day window has closed and will be subject to all requirements of the ordinance, including a 660-foot separation requirement from other short-term rental properties.
- Land Development Application Manual, which includes a copy of the application for additional Conditional Use Permit (CUP).
- Application Submittal procedure, which assists with any questions regarding the online submittal process.