The purpose of the City of North Las Vegas Remote Video Inspection Program is to provide an alternative for eligible inspections, including limited re-inspections. The program requires the customer to use a minimum 4G device in order to interact with the City Inspector.
The inspection process shall include:
- Scheduling of remote video inspection through Citizen Self-Service Portal
- City inspector will contact permit holder the morning of the requested inspection to determine video options
Required Video Inspection Include:
- Rooftop Solar
- Patio Cover
- Water Heater
- Water Softener
- Plumbing Re-Pipe
- Gas Line Extension for BBQ and Fire Pits
- Main Line Water Repair
- A/C Change Out
- Attic FAU
- Electrical Service Change
- Spa Circuit
- Detached Storage Sheds Not to Exceed 600 Square Feet
- Residential Room Additions not to Exceed 600 square feet
(where the permit is obtained by a licensed contractor)
- Electric Car Chargers
- Residential Swimming Pools
- Privacy Masonry Walls (interlocking without soils retention)
SINGLE FAMILY HOME SUBDIVISIONS
- Underground Electrical
- Gypsum Board (that is not a part of a fire-resistive-rated assembly or shear assembly)
- Exterior Lath
- Gas Tag
- Electric Tag
- Privacy Masonry Wall (interlocking without soils retention)
- Residential Subdivision Signs
- Wall Mounted Signs
- Monument Signs
- Cell Tower Antenna Co-Location
- Temporary Generators
- Simple Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical
- Gate AVI
- Wrought Iron Fence
- On-Site Utilities
- Fire Rehab
- Garage to Sales Office
- Temporary Construction Trailers
- Tenant Improvements of B & M Occupancies not to Exceed 3000 Square Feet
- Sprinkler Rough/Final up to (5) Heads with Approval Letter
- Sprinkler Hydrostatic Test
- Sprinkler System (Dry) 24 Hour Air Test
- Standpipe Hydrostatic Test
- Underground Hydrostatic Test
- Fire Alarm 24 Hour Battery Test
- Medical Gas Pressure Test
- Fire Final Tenant Improvements of B & M Occupancies not to Exceed 3000 Sq Ft
- Fire Business License of a B & M Occupancies not to Exceed 3000 Square Feet
Note: If for any reason the Inspector is not able to complete the inspection via the Remote Video Inspection Program, every effort will be made to route a field inspector to complete the inspection the same day. If this is not possible, the inspector will schedule a field inspection for the next business day.
- 4G Wireless service
Ensure inspection location and smartphone or tablet has minimum 4G connectivity.
- Active Media Account
Have an active Skype, FaceTime, What’s App, Google Meet, Web X, Duo Hangouts, Zoom, or other account.
- Prepare for inspection
Prior to scheduled inspection time, ensure all necessary tools based on type of inspection are readily available. For example; tape measure, level, GFCI tester, flashlight, step ladder, lift, testing equipment etc.
- Click here to schedule the inspection
- Prepare to receive the Inspector’s call
- Must be at least 18 years old to perform the video inspection.
- Respond to a call from the city inspector.
- Be prepared to accept a video call at scheduled time.
- Have all required tools as necessary for inspection.
- Turn off notifications that may interrupt the call. This is an important step, because notifications can freeze video calls and will cause delays to the inspection and a possible failed inspection.
- Use earbuds with a microphone to improve communication.
- Set smartphone or tablet so that you have the small screen view of what the inspector sees:
- Tap the screen to access the toolbar.
- Tap the camera icon.
- In the small view the inspector sees, tap the reverse camera icon.
- Begin inspection at street view looking at the structure.
- The address must be shown in the initial view
- Follow the direction of the inspector.
- Walk inspection in a clockwise direction horizontally then bottom to top vertically (if more than one floor)
- Make notes of any corrections.
- Inspector will inform you if the inspection receives a pass, partial or fail.
- The inspector will update the permitting system with the results at the completion of the call.