The inspection process shall include:
- Scheduling of remote video inspection via Appointment Plus.
- City Inspector will initiate a Skype call to the customer.
- Inspector will direct customer to send video images of work to be inspected.
- Inspection results will be entered into the system
- Rooftop Solar
- Aluminum Patio Cover
- Water Heater
- Water Softener
- Plumbing Re-Pipe
- Gas Line Extension for BBQ and Fire Pits
- A/C Change Out
- Attic FAU
- Main Line Water Repair
- Electrical Service Change
- Spa Circuit
- Detached Storage Sheds Not To Exceed 600 Square Feet
- 4G Wireless service
Ensure inspection location and smart phone or tablet has minimum 4G connectivity.
- Skype Account
An active Skype account with a Skype "name" for performing inspection.
- Click here for Skype "how to" page.
- Prepare for inspection
Prior to scheduled inspection time, ensure all necessary tools based on type of inspection are readily available. For example; tape measure, level, GFCI tester, flashlight, step ladder, etc.
- Click here to schedule the inspection.
- Prepare to receive the Skype call
- Must be at least 18 years old or with an adult to perform the video inspection.
- Ensure smart phone or tablet is fully charged.
- Respond to Skype call from Inspector.
- Be prepared to accept video call at scheduled time.
- Have all required tools as necessary for inspection.
- Turn off notifications that may interrupt the Skype call. This is an important step, because notifications can freeze Skype and will cause delays to the inspection and a possible failed inspection.
- Use ear buds with a microphone to improve communication.
- Set phone so that you have the small screen view of what the inspector sees:
- Tap the Skype screen to access the tool bar.
- Tap the camera icon.
- In the small view the inspector sees, tap the reverse camera icon.
- Begin inspection at street view looking at the structure.
- The address must be shown in the initial view
- Follow the direction of the inspector.
- Walk inspection in a clockwise direction horizontally then bottom to top vertically (if more than one floor)
- Make notes of any corrections.
- Inspector will inform you if the inspection receives a pass, partial or fail.
- The inspector will update the permitting system with the results at the completion of the Skype call.