The City of North Las Vegas is home to nearly 275,000 residents, with a diverse population and diverse economy. The Fire Department currently staffs 8 fire stations throughout the City, with approximately 200 civilian and sworn personnel.
NLVFD is holding an open recruitment. Candidates may apply at any time. Initial interviews for qualifying applicants will take place online, and Chief's Panel interviews will take place often in order to maintain a constant list of candidates. Don't delay. Apply today!
- Apply at CNLVJobs.com to apply (listed as Firefighter Trainee)
- Visit National Testing Network (NTN) to register and complete test.
- NTN Test is valid for 1 year, but candidates may retake the test to improve scores in accordance with NTN guidelines.
- .Those meeting minimum scores will be contacted for a video-based initial interview.
- Those meeting minimum scores on initial interview will be invited to a Chief’s Panel Interview.
- Valid CPAT must be obtained prior to a tentative job offer (CPAT is valid for 1 year from date of receipt).
- NOTE: Those that applied for the Spring of 2022 Recruitment Process will not have to re-apply but may retake the NTN Test for an improved score.
- High School Diploma or GED and 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Physically and mentally fit to perform vigorous basic skill requirements.
- Applicants are not eligible to apply if they have been convicted of a felony.
- Minimum of Emergency Medical Technician.
- Candidates must be in excellent physical condition.
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a physical examination, to include a pulmonary test, and a psychological evaluation performed by our examining physician.
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- All Firefighter/EMTs begin at Step 1 with an annual starting salary of $56,978.50 following successful completion of the Fire Academy.
- All Firefighter/Advanced EMTs begin at Step 1 with an annual starting salary of $59,368.47 following successful completion of the Fire Academy.
- All Firefighter/Paramedics begin at Step 1 with an annual starting salary of $65,525.59 following successful completion of the Fire Academy.
- The City of North Las Vegas offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Comprehensive group health insurance plan
- Disability insurance
- Dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Vacation, Sick leave, and excellent retirement benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Bilingual pay (testing required)