4040 Losee Road
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
Assistant, Emergency Management: Solome Barton
Phone (702) 633-1125
The Fire Department is responsible for administering an all-hazard preparedness, prevention, response and recovery program for the purpose of reducing the loss of life and property and for the protection of citizens and industry in the event of any major emergency or disaster affecting the City of North Las Vegas.
The goal of the Emergency Management Liaison is to work cooperatively with the City's Emergency Management Office to provide a proactive framework by developing pre-planned mechanisms that include planning, training, and exercises, which allow the City to operate in an effective and integrated manner during a major emergency or disaster.
The objectives of the Office of Emergency Management reflect emphasis on the preservation of viable city government and community functions regardless of the emergency or disaster situation; they include:
- Supporting all city emergency services and functions through adoption of the National Incident Management System (NIMS ).
- Providing a single point of coordination for city of North Las Vegas emergency activities that include preparedness, prevention, response, and recovery.
- Focusing on the impact of a major emergency or disaster in terms of recovery and the continuity of city operations.
- Emphasizing the coordination and integration of all city department's emergency management and homeland security efforts under a single, pre-established framework and working toward the achievement of consensus around it.
The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for:
1) Developing, revising and exercising the North Las Vegas' Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) in coordination with other City departments and allied agencies.
2) Activating the City's Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to provide a coordinated response to major emergencies and disasters.
3) Developing and conducting disaster preparedness exercises for City personnel.
4) Providing emergency management and NIMS training to city personnel.
5) Serving as the City's liaison to other agencies concerning all emergency management matters.
6) Coordinating the City's homeland security efforts with other public safety departments and allied agencies.
The Office of Emergency Management was established by city ordinance, Title 2, Chapter 2.32 of the city of North Las Vegas Municipal Code. For more information, contact the North Las Vegas Office of Emergency Management at (702) 633-1125.
Emergency & Disaster Preparedness - General Precautions
Emergency & Disaster Preparedness for People With Disabilities
FEMA at: www.fema.gov
Department of Homeland Security at www.dhs.gov
American Red Cross at www.redcross.org
Nevada DEM at http://dem.state.nv.us
Clark County OEM at www.co.clark.nv.us