|Candidate Information||Voting and Registration Information||Political Signs||Ward Maps|
MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS - GENERAL INFORMATION:
The City of North Las Vegas is a Charter City and according to its Municipal Code elections are held every two years on odd-years. Mayor and Council members are elected to four-year terms and municipal judges are elected to six-year terms. Council members have overlapping terms; only two Council seats are up for election at each municipal election.
- Primary Elections are held on the Tuesday following the first Monday in April preceding the general municipal election.
- General Elections are held on the second Tuesday after the first Monday in June.
- Click on links above for candidate and other elections related information.
2017 MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS:
Primary Election: Tuesday, April 4, 2017
General Election: Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Catherine A. Raynor, MMC, City Clerk
2250 Las Vegas Boulevard North, Suite 800
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030
(702) 633-1030 Office
(702) 649-3846 Fax
Monday through Thursday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
PUBLIC ASSEMBLY EVENTS FOR CANDIDATES
Candidates, campaign managers, and candidate supporters may want to host elections related public events. If events like these, referred to as "public assembly" events, are held on City property, then they must be approved by the City with the issuance of a Special Event/Temporary Permit. Other permits may be necessary. For example, if an event sponsor wants to host an event within a City park, then Neighborhood Parks and Leisure permits and user fees may apply.
- See City of North Las Vegas Municipal Code Section 5.36 for more on Special Event / Temporary Permits
- Contact the Business License Office for more informaton on Special Event/Temporary Permits
- Contact Neighborhood & Leisure Services Department for park permit information.
ELECTION LEGAL PUBLICATIONS:
- To see published election legal notices and publications go to the Public Hearing and Legal Notices page or review them in hard copy in the Review Journal, Asian Journal, or El Mundo.
- Para makita ang mga nailathala na pang Halala’ng legal na abiso at nailimbag na pagbabalita sa pahayagan pumunta sa Pampublikong Paglilitis at Legal na Abisong pahina o basahin ang mga pagbabalitang nakalimbag sa Review Journal, Asian Journal o El Mundo
- Para ver avisos legales electorales publicados y publicaciones vaya a la página de Audiencia Pública y Avisos Legales o puede ver los en forma impresa en los periódicos del Review Journal, Asian Journal, o en El Mundo.
- Information regarding campaign practices can be obtained from the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office at (775) 687-3471.
- Information regarding Registered Voter Statistics, Polling Place Locations and the need for Additional Absentee Ballot Request Forms (Political Parties/Special Interest Groups) can be obtained from the Clark County Election Department at (702) 455-VOTE or (702) 455-8683.
- Information regarding Voter Registration Applications and Absentee Ballot Request Forms can be obtained from the North Las Vegas City Clerk’s Office at (702) 633-1030 or the Clark County Election Department at (702) 455-VOTE or (702) 455-8683.
- Political Parties and Political Action Committees are required to file a Candidate Contributions and Expenses Report electronically with the Secretary of State's Office. For additional information please contact the Nevada Secretary of State’s office at (775) 687-5708.
- Questions regarding Political Sign requirements and Violations can be addressed to the City of North Las Vegas Code Enforcement Division at (702) 633-1676.
- Important Dates for Candidates and Voters
Department of Defense;
|Click here for League of Women Voters of Las Vegas