MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS - GENERAL INFORMATION:
Mayor and Council members are elected to four-year terms and municipal judges are elected to six-year terms. Council members have overlapping terms with only two Council seats up for election at each municipal election. The Mayor seat is up for election at one of those elections.
The City of North Las Vegas is a Charter City and according to its Charter and Municipal Code elections are held every two years. In the past, elections were held in odd-numbered years with the primary in April and the general in June.
During the 2019 Nevada Legislative session, Assembly Bill 50 was adopted, amending the City's Charter and changing municipal elections to the State cycle. Therefore, the City will now have elections in even-numbered years with the primary in June and general election in November. In order to move the City from odd-numbered year elections to even-numbered year elections, Assembly Bill 50 also extended the terms of the incumbents (Mayor, Judge, and Council members for Wards 1 and 3) along with those elected in 2019 (Council members for Wards 2 and 4).
The City's next municipal elections will be held as follows:
- June/November 2022: Mayor, Municipal Judge, Ward 1 Council member, and Ward 3 Council member seats are up for election.
- June/November 2024: Ward 2 Council member and Ward 4 Council member seats are up for election.
- June/November 2026: Mayor, Ward 1 Council member, and Ward 3 Council member seats are up for election.
- June/November 2028: Municipal Judge, Ward 2 Council member, and Ward 4 Council member seats are up for election.
- Primary elections are held on the second Tuesday in June in even-numbered years preceding the general municipal election.
- General elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November in even-numbered years.
Catherine A. Raynor, MMC, City Clerk
2250 Las Vegas Boulevard North, Suite 800
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030
(702) 633-1030 Office
(702) 649-3846 Fax
Monday through Thursday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Information regarding campaign practices can be obtained from the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office at (775) 687-3471.
- Information regarding Registered Voter Statistics, Polling Place Locations and the need for Additional Absentee Ballot Request Forms (Political Parties/Special Interest Groups) can be obtained from the Clark County Election Department at (702) 455-VOTE or (702) 455-8683.
- Information regarding Voter Registration Applications and Absentee Ballot Request Forms can be obtained from the North Las Vegas City Clerk’s Office at (702) 633-1030 or the Clark County Election Department at (702) 455-VOTE or (702) 455-8683.
- Political Parties and Political Action Committees are required to file a Candidate Contributions and Expenses Report electronically with the Secretary of State's Office. For additional information please contact the Nevada Secretary of State’s office at (775) 687-5708.
- Questions regarding Sign requirements and Violations can be addressed to the City of North Las Vegas Code Enforcement Division at (702) 633-1676.
Department of Defense;
|Click here for League of Women Voters of Las Vegas