- U.S. citizen and least 21 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- No gross misdemeanor or felony convictions
- No domestic battery convictions
- Applicants with lesser criminal records will be evaluated on an individual basis
- Must have a valid Nevada driver’s license
- Must have character above reproach
The background standard for the police officer position with the city of North Las Vegas reflects the very high standard demanded for candidates within city service.
These standards are designed to identify kinds of behaviors which are required of police officers serving the citizens of North Las Vegas. Each candidate’s past choices, judgments, and behaviors will be compared to these demanding standards.
Candidates who fall short of demonstrating consistently sound decision making, maturity, and responsible past behaviors in each of these areas will not be further considered for employment in this critical position.