This position is designed for officers that are CURRENTLY employed with another agency and have a Category I Nevada POST Certificate or are currently employed as a Police Officer in one of the following states: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Arizona, Utah or Hawaii.
Under direct supervision of chain of command, this position is responsible for the performance of professional police work in preserving and protecting public peace and safety, protecting life and preventing crime through proper enforcement of the law.
- Minimum of two (2) years of current, continuous uninterrupted service with a law enforcement agency in the performance of duties directly related to Category I Nevada POST standards at the time of application.
- Applicant shall possess a valid Category I (Police Officer) Nevada Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate or valid equivalent Peace Officer Certificate from one of the above listed states.
- Must meet City’s medical standards and pass annual physical exam with an agency selected by the City and meet annual department standards within the required time-frame.
Out of state applicant’s additional requirements:
- MUST pass a Nevada POST approved Physical Agility Test after hire.
- Must pass an 80 hour on-line Reciprocity certification training program after hire.
- MUST pass Nevada POST written state certification examination after hire.
- Peace Officer Certification must be current and no prior suspensions or revocations.
Applicants will be required to complete a supplemental background packet and any other appropriate measures as directed by the North Las Vegas Police Department and the Human Resources Department. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a medical examination (including drug screen) and a psychological evaluation with an agency selected by the City, a thorough background investigation including completion of a supplemental background packet as directed by the North Las Vegas Police Department and any other appropriate measures deemed necessary.
Condition of employment requires that the employee maintain proficiency in all areas as required by department standards and within department established time periods.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements mentioned above, please email your resume to JoinNLVPD@cityofnorthlasvegas.com. Please enter "Lateral Police Officer Resume" in the subject line of your email.