Under direct supervision of chain of command, this position is responsible for the performance of professional police work in preserving and protecting public peace and safety, protecting life and preventing crime through proper enforcement of the law.
- Performs professional police duties in preserving the public peace.
- Protects life and property; and prevents crime and enforces laws.
- Builds relationships with residents, businesses and stakeholders; promotes community policing.
- Patrols assigned areas; responds to radio calls and other calls for assistance.
- Protects crime scene and collects evidence and information.
- Investigates civil disorder and investigates and makes decisions at the crime scene.
- Conducts search and seizure.
- Apprehends and makes arrests; takes statements and prepares and writes reports.
- Enforces DUI/traffic laws.
- Transports persons in custody.
- Provides emergency assistance.
- Writes and reads reports and other documents.
- Appears in court to present testimony.
- May assist in training new personnel as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply for the Entry Level Police Officer position, register for our written test at www.NationalTestingNetwork.com.