The primary responsibility of the Code Enforcement Division is to respond
to citizen complaints regarding municipal code violations. Requests for
service are accepted in any manner (phone, fax, etc.).
Click on the following link to view or print a Request
for Code Enforcement Services form (Adobe .pdf document).
Click here for Code Enforcement On-line Request for Service.
Click here to file a complaint by email.
- Weeds on private property.
- Garbage, trash and junk on private property.
- Illegal dumping on private property.
vehicles on private property.
- Unlicensed and inoperative vehicles stored
on private property.
- Unsecured vacant buildings (board-ups only).
- Tree branches hanging low over sidewalks
or streets, weeds growing onto sidewalks.
- Trash receptacles left out after trash pickup day.
- Commercial vehicles parked in a residential zone on private property.
- Vehicles parking on an unpaved surface.
- Structures built within setbacks that are a safety hazard.
- Signs placed in the public right-of-way.
- Illegal signs on private and public property.
- Using a recreational vehicle as living quarters (except in RV park).
- Use, occupancy or storage of a mobile home (except in a licensed mobile
home park or subdivision).
- Barbed wire fences in residential zones.
- Electrical fences.
- Fences over eight feet in residential zones.
- Fences over four feet in residential front yards.
- Fences in disrepair.
- Activities not in compliance with current zoning regulations.
COMPLAINTS HANDLED BY OTHER DEPARTMENTS/AGENCIES
- Graffiti. Call the 24-hour graffiti hotline, 633-1871.
- Illegal home occupations, business license, 633-1520.
- Structures built without a permit, contact North Las Vegas Building
- Dangerous building needing to be condemned, contact North Las Vegas
Building Safety, 633-1922.
- Mobile home complaints, contact North Las Vegas Building Safety, 633-1922.
- Obstructions in the street that pose a danger to the public
( basketball hoops), contact
Public Works Roadway
- Traffic signals, streetlights and traffic signs, contact Public Works
Traffic Operations, 633-1298.
- Problems on construction sites, contact Public Works Quality Control
- Environmental hazards, contact Public Works Resources/Environmental,
- Water main shutoff, contact Public Works Maintenance Operations, 633-1275.
- Water meter leaking, contact Public Works Maintenance Operations, 633-1275.
- Water waste, call the water conservation hotline, 633-1216.
- Stray animals, contact North Las Vegas Animal Control, 633-9111.
- Fire code issues, contact North Las Vegas Fire Department/Fire Prevention
- Abandoned vehicles on public streets, contact North Las Vegas Police
- Dust blowing on vacant land and construction sites, contact the Air
Quality Division of the Southern Nevada Health District, 385-1276.
- Tenant/landlord problems, contact Nevada Legal Services, 386-1070.
- Code violations in Las Vegas, contact the Las Vegas Neighborhood Response
- Code violations in unincorporated Clark County, contact Clark County
Public Response, 455-4191.
- Illegal activities on land owned by the Bureau of Land Management, contact
BLM Rangers, 647-5000.
- Illegal home Occupation/business - Business License, 633-1520.